Lab Notes - Six Awesome Science Stories You’ve Gotta Hear!
Episode 11 - by Scott Unger (Click here to directly access the MP3)
A special edition of the Experimental Podcast highlighting six awesome science stories on recent research. Click the links below to learn more about any one of the topics in the podcast.
1. The Bone Eating Snot Flower - Osedax mucofloris - Maggie Koerth-Baker introduces us to this critter on her BoingBoing blog
2. Lake Vostok - Ottawa Citizen - Russia ‘drills into’ mythical Antarctic subglacial lake: Findings could help climate research
3. Robots perform the James Bond theme song:
4. Apps for Apes - Orangutans using iPads to paint and video chat with other apes
5. 3D printer, Titanium Jawbone - 3D printer builds new jaw bone for transplant
6. Panda Poo Saves the World - Pooping Pandas make better biofules from Science News